Completion of any testimonial or witness forms should be done in a timely manner.

The couple should consult with the priest to see if he feels they need further counseling or can do so after a simple interview.

Catholics are bound to observe a certain form of marriage ritual in order that their marriage be valid.

Canon law requires that Catholics enter into marriage by free mutual consent that is witnessed in a church by an authorized bishop, priest, or deacon and at least two other witnesses.

For example, you may have a class called ‘Biology’ instead of ‘Foundations of Biology’.

Most schools will work with you to make your courses fit the convalidation process.

Please note that you are responsible for getting your transcript authenticated. If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact your home exchange sponsor.

If you follow the easy steps to convalidate your transcripts early you will avoid many problems.

Before you begin your studies, you need to know about the convalidation process which must be completed, takes time to do and involves multiple steps and requires the help of your school and possibly also that of your host family or your Forte Local Representative.Be sure to begin this process early, as it can take over eight weeks to complete.Some countries require specific course titles, in order to convalidate classes.You should address these issues with your guidance counselor or principal when you register for classes at the beginning of your exchange program.If the school is unable or unwilling to change the course title, you may have to accept the fact that certain coursework may not transfer to your home country.Also, the Catholic partner may not have been active in the Church and did not consider having a Catholic wedding.

You must have an account to comment. Please register or login here!